Saturday, January 29, 2011

27/365 Like heaven on earth...


This sweet lil creek is what I look down upon each time I step outside my backdoor.  Years back, when my parents were just dating my Dad used to work in these cow pastures.. even the pasture my home rests in.  I love this land, love the history this end of the county holds for me.  My mom has told me numerous stories of this area & they always put a smile on my face.  Here's one...
'Back when I was just dating your Daddy the bridge that crosses this creek was out and wouldn't allow anyone to cross.. well your Daddy decided to get smart and throw a 2x4 board across this creek.. He took me out riding on his motorcycle and thought it'd be real funny to cross that small piece of wood with me on the back! '  
 What I would give to see them riding across this creek.. I can see Momma in her cut off shorts & my Daddy in his Bobcat Purple jersey.  :)

  This beautiful creek greets me each morning on my return from taking Tate to school.  With each morning greeting the sun dances on the water.. Just inviting me to photograph it.  I have been meaning to capture this sight for months now, glad I had my camera handy today at 8:34am!  Why 8:34 exactly?? you ask....  well I've tried before to run up the hill and grab my camera, but what most of you don't realize is lighting doesn't last~ within 5 minutes of this image being taken the sun is no longer dancing on the water.  Blessed to travel this road daily so early in the morning. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Beautiful Nichol~ even better the memorys that go with it. Even thou I did not have my parents growing up, I can build precious memorys with my own girls and that truly makes my heart smile. Oh i Def understand about the Sun with Photography thank you for posting this~ xoxo

. said...

very true, sweet girl.. though we all live different lives they are our lives & our own story.. so no matter how you were raised or where, it's how you choose to remember the times & how you live today that counts :) Thanks for comment gal, and your girls will cherish their days with you forever :) Have a good night :)