Monday, March 14, 2011

Our 3 acre patch of heaven holds more love than a city filled full of millions of people.

What we know as home is the best place we could be.  I feel so blessed to have such a fine place to raise my children.  Everything we've started here at our home was started with love.  What is being instilled in my children is better than any text book could teach.. we are teaching them to love.  We are teaching them that with love comes hard, selfless devotion to ourselves, each other, our land and animals.  It is days like today that we reap the rewards of our small farm.  
After eye balling our baby bunnies for the past week, I decided we'd hold them for the first time.  They are crawling around well & are covered in sweet, soft fur. The moment the kids held the bunnies my heart melted.  Lyla looked up at me in amazement... she looked at me and smiled such a content and happy smile as she held the lil creature that she will later feed, water and love.  

As Tate held the black baby bunny he looked up at me and asked why it was quivering a little bit, he was so concerned.  With this question and his expression I realized that the small things I'm doing to take a step back into the older days is working.  With Video games there isn't concern, love, communication, etc. But with our farm animals my children learn these things.  They also learn that with love comes a hurt, for if we didn't love these little creatures it wouldn't hurt so badly when we loose them.  After loosing our first set of bunnies, my children (and myself) were hurt.  We did everything we knew to do to keep them alive.  What we all learned from that was to let Momma bunny do what God set her here to do.  And look now, we have two healthy little bunnies!

I could go on and on about the things we learn and enjoy here on our lil' patch of land.. but I could never put it all into words.  So, when you hear of something strange I've done... like adopting a baby lamb, putting a diaper on it & sleeping on my couch with it ~ try to step outside of the box and look at the big picture.  After all, how many children get to bottle feed a sweet 3 day old baby lamb, or hold a two week old bunny in their tiny hands?  Mine do... and that's what matters to me.

And might as well throw this in there while I'm at it ~ Yes, I walk barefoot in my garden, and yes my feet are normally stained the color of clay during the summer months.. but gosh it feels so nice to feel the Georgia Clay between my toes ;)  So don't hate.. pull your shoes off and live a little! 



Have a nice night to all of you who follow my blog, make sure to live without worries..  live as if it didn't matter what people thought.. and then (only then) will you truly be living :)

No comments: